Recently, we are working on reduce our confluence license, from the articl in https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf55/confluence-administrator-s-guide/managing-your-confluence-license, we can manully disable an account in admin page(remove the user from confluence-users group). But if we need to disalbe more than 100 users, that would be a lot of work for us, is there any API or some smart way to disable a bounch of users by one time?
Thanks.
Hello Carol,
There's not currently a built-in way to accomplish this, but we do have an existing feature request:
You can have a look at the response from a community member at the following question: Bulk remove users from Confluence?
It appears to be something you can do via the Command Line Interface application, and you can find more information from the above question.
Let us know if you have any questions about this!
Kind Regards,Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Thanks for your answers, Command Line Interface application is really awesome, that's what I'm looking for.
But I have some question when I doing some query work, like:
./confluence.sh --action getUserList --group "confluence-users" --userEmail "noreply@odw.com.cn" --server http://confluence.com.cn --user jbriggs --password *****
I got bellow errors:
Remote error: null for uri: http://confluence.com.cn/rest/api/latest/group/confluence-users/member?limit=200&start=0
Could you please help to take a look?
Here is the brief of the debug output:
license validation: {"product":"Confluence","baseUrl":"http:\/\/confluence.com.cn","build":"5515","connectorVersion":"6.8.0","timeZone":"China Standard Time","time":"2017-07-25T16:46:50.497+0800","message":"Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons - Confluence CLI Connector has a valid license.","title":"ODW Confluence","version":"5.5.3","status":true}URL requested: http://confluence.com.cn/rest/api/latest/user?username=lcongRequest type: GETContent type: application/jsonUsing basic authentication.Response code: 404, message: Not Found, url: http://confluence.com.cn/rest/api/latest/user?username=lcongError data: {"status-code":404,"message":"null for uri: http:\/\/confluence.com.cn\/rest\/api\/latest\/user?username=lcong"}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.