I am consulting for an organization that has a locally hosted bitbucket account. I seem to be currently logged in to some atlassian services via this organization's account. I don't know if that is relevant or not, and I think not.
I have a few personal private repositories. This morning I finally have an opportunity to work on these after a long time because my wife is out of time for a few weeks.
I wanted to look at my bitbucket account so I went to bitbucket.org. I was not logged in (neither in my personal account or company account) so I clicked login.
The login link goes to /account/signin which redirects to https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/signup/?next=/ which is an account creation page.
I have gone to bitbucket's support page because I think this is a pretty bad issue - going to support is by clicking Technical support at the page footer -> ends up in https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket/ -> click contact support button -> ends up on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ an SPA where I filled out description
When I am finished filling out and submitting question I get sent an email to the email address I have through the company that I am consulting for - not the email associated with the repository that has the issue!
I am also shown a page with a ticket number. If I click that ticket number I end up on https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?status=open
In this support side it evidently believes I am logged in as the user associated with the company email, and I can see the request listed on a requests page.
BUT EVEN BETTER!!! On top of the requests page it has this informative warning:
We are no longer accepting support requests through this portal
Did someone create this UX / Flow based on the idea that it is impolite to just tell someone we're changing our company direction and don't want you as a customer anymore? I mean the inability to login has been 5 hours now.