As said above - I want to notify the user that resolved an issue when it is closed. I have the Jira Enhancer Plugin, but the 'Last Resolution User' Field doesn't show up in the notification dialog.
You can configure this by adding the relevant notification recipient for Issue Resolved event and the user(s)/group(s) will receive a notification email when the issue is resolved. You can refer to this documentation as a guideline: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme
Sorry, that's not what I meant.
I want to notify the user who resolved the issue, when it is closed.
In the notification scheme there seems to be no possibility to select the resolving user as notification target.
You might create a custom event for this purpose and on the notification scheme select the Assignee. If the issue is moving across different users then for this purpose you need to use a different approach. May be a Script Runner?.
Why a custom event? The event is already there, it's 'Issue Closed'!
What is not there, is the possibility to select the user who resolved the issue, as notification recipient.
Example:
UserA opens an issue UserB resolves it and gives it back to UserAUserA closes the issue
Now UserB wants notification that his fix was accepted.
(As said above in the first sentence "I want to notify the user that resolved an issue when it is closed.")
My only suggestion would be to look at the Jira Toolkit plugin. https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5142
The benefit here would be that since the person who resolved the ticket, would become a participant, he would get the Closed notification (provided you have the notification scheme set up to notify Participants)
The side effect, is that everyone who interacted with the ticket would also get a notification, but in my world, this is a good thing.
Some times using external plugins that are not support could lead to a problem (dependency related problem)
I understand what you are saying now. I seem not to find that option on the notification scheme in JIRA. I guess there are ways to accomplish this but they will require probably an external plugin, or creating a custom field that holds the resolver user, or may be using script runner plugin.
true. but atlassian uses this plugin themselves at jira.atlassian.com, so you can assume they'll minimize the issues
wow i didnt know atlassian uses this plugin. Good to know
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.