Hello,
I am trying to use themes in my portfolio project. Since there is not a way to filter on specific initiatives or epics, I am using themes to group the initiatives/epics/stories that logically fit together into a business objective. This allows me to filter on each theme (business objective) to only see a view of that objective.
When I mark an initiative with a theme, it automatically assigns all epics and all stories underneath that initiative to the theme (which is what I want). The problem is when a new story is entered by the Product Owner, and it's linked to an epic, which is already linked to the initiative which was marked with the theme, the story doesn't automatically get added to the theme, which means I have to keep resetting the theme at the initiative level to make sure new stories (and Epics) attached to that initiative are added to the theme.
Ultimately I'm just looking for a way to filter my portfolio by initiatives. Am I going at it the right way with Themes, or is there some other way I should be approching this problem?