Hi,
We have "Update closed issue" option in our workflow which can be used to update fields of closed issues. Now I want to know how can I use similor option through Rest API.
Thanks in advance.
Hi
I don't understand your question. If you're able, in Jira, to update fields of Closed issues, then you would be able to update those same fields via the API. (Almost) anything that can be done through the Jira interface can be done through the API.
So ... are you asking how to use the REST API or have i misunderstood the question?
Hi Thansk for response,I am able to update not closed issue from C# RestClient using below APIHow to edit customfields in closed Jira issue using Rest API? -http://jira.xxxxxxx.net/rest/api/2/issue/jira-XXXXand object value{ ""fields"" : { ""customfield_11111"": [ ""sample_test"", ""test"", ""test-keys"", ""text_input"",], ""customfield_2222"": ""This is customfield_2222""}}But I dont know which API to use to "Update Closed Issue"
It's the same API and the same call.
My guess is that your call is failing because the "do not allow edit" flag is set on the issue you are trying to update.
Try editing it in the UI to check that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.