Is it possible to add a watcher or request participant using the build in JIRA service desk automation tool? There's a CC field, but that's not the same as watcher or request participant.
Yes... you can see the automation solution below the scriptrunner solution here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-add-request-participants-when-creating-an-issue-777026955.html
Wait... it is possible I am misunderstanding your question.. if you are trying to add the participant on create. That is not currently possible. There is a feature request to allow this here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1511
What I'm trying to automate: When an issue is created, if a particular field is set to a specific option, then Joe Smith user will be added as a request participant or watcher.I'm using the edit issue action and trying to edit the request participant field and/or watcher field: This should be a built in option
Yeah.. .that is not currently available. I wanted to do soemthing similar and ended up using the sriptrunner solution.
I agree it should be built in. Make sure you vote on that ticket, they do take our voices seriously.
I believe this is also a feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43158?_ga=2.177442278.2106392666.1555332986-604395977.1547221284
I tried to recreate @Rodney Sawyer's suggestion, but i don't have "Request participants" or "Watcher" in the selection.
We are using Service Desk version 8.3.3
Does anyone have any idea what that's all about?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.