I am about to start an evaluation of Stash but before I do, I wanted to know if it has the capability to help me report on my local repositories. So, for example, if we set up a number of repositories in Git and we then "pull" these to our development servers locally.
Can I use Stash to connct to my development server (which is a Linux server) and:
1. List all my local repositories managed by Stash
2. Let me know the status of each, together with which files are ahead or behind the central respository
3. Allow me, from Stash, to update my local repository and switch branches.
Usually a good IDE would help - but I have non-developers creating code in Python and I need a very east to use interface for them to manage their code and each feature branch. I want to protect them from the complexities of Git and the command line. Stash looks fine to manage the central repos but I also need help with all the local ones too.
Thanks.
Paul