I have an app that authenticates users using LDAP (Active Directory). We also use LDAP for Confluence authentication.
I'm using the REST API to integrate Confluence with our app and I'd like the API requests to be executed in the user's context. This would enforce that a user only does what he/she's allowed to do as well as make sure that new post created/updated with the API carry the user's "stamp".
It seems like the older API had a way of issuing request with token instead of basic auth (username/password) but I can't seem to find the correct way to do this now.
Is it at all possible? Would anyone have a suggestion for a different way to accomplish what I'm trying to?
One thing important to me is not to hold onto the user's password. I would pass is authentication credentials on login, directly to Confluence's API, without having to "save" it somehow to be used later on.
Thanks!
PS: Running Confluence 6.3.1