Hi,
We are using Jira Service Desk (server JIRA v7.3.4/ JSD v3.4.1).
I've already set up the custom notifications.
I want to add a personalised signature now. What I want to achieve is to have the template have a signature with a variable like ${event.user.name}. But this variable only seems available in the notification messages, not in the template.
I don't want to add a signature in the notification message, but in the template, otherwise
a. The signature would be halfway in the email
b. The signature might be added twice in one email, if multiple events happened in short time (love the feature that this combines into single email btw!)
I could imagine that event derived variables would not be available on template level, since the template might capture more than one event. Yet, in that case I would like to add a variable like ${issue.assignee.name}. This also does not seem possible.
Is my assumption correct that I cannot send out Service Desk emails to my customers with a signature of the agent handling the request?
kind regards,
Paul