Hi,
We are using JIRA and Service Desk with one SD project which is open to external customers (ie. anyone can submit a request).
External customers can register themselves for this service desk - as I know JIRA is creating then an internal user (with only Full Name, and Username (email) included - no group or access to application).
In our case this is the only scenario when users are added to JIRA internal directory - all other users are from synced external LDAP.
The question is as follows:
When I refer to a user in the comment (using @) the SD users are not visible at all, but if I share any issue or search for watchers I can see these external SD users on the list.
This is happening in all projects, not only SD projects. This is first of all confusing and lead to some mistakes (it is easy to choose wrong user if they have the same name). Also what happen if I for example share the issue with this external customer - is the email sent to him ? I suppose he can't access the issue anyway as he can only a right to view portal in one SD project but it is still a bit confusing...
Is there a way to "hide" external SD users somehow ?