I DO NOT want to preview a document (.doc, .pdf, etc) in Confluence. I WANT to download it when I select it. How do I accomplish this?
Go to <base_URL>plugins/servlet/upm/manage/all, find Confluence Previews and disable it:
That wants me to be an admin. I'm a user and I (and many others) find this feature very annoying. Can't I turn off this feature as a user?
I have found that the link with preview looks something like:
http://xxx.xxx.com/pages/viewviewpage.action?spaceKey=AAA&title=BBB&preview=PATHtoPDF#CCC
and if I just press middle click which will simply download the file, the link looks like:
http://xxx.xxx.com/pages/viewviewpage.action?spaceKey=AAA&title=BBB#CCC
Note that the "&preview=..." is gone.
Do I need to write a Greasemonkey script to clean up these annoyinig links? There has to be a better way to do this.
There isn't a setting in the user profile for turning off file preview. You can right click an embedded attachment and choose Save As (phrase depends on browser) to download it without previewing first.
Disabling the preview will also disable to click on an image and get a larger view. Have a look on this issue and vote for a solution: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36899
I want to only disable xlsx preview ? Is it possible.
It has been a year. Has any solution to this been implemented?
So annoying that Atlassian has forced on us this "powerful new feature" which is not powerful (xlsx previews are laughably bad), and entirely beyond the control of the authors (that is, the users! This is supposed to be a wiki.)
Chanced upon your hack in the comments, works like a charm even for 6.11.2. Thanks a lot!
What I do is edit the link manually.
1. Go to the attachments page (... / Attachments).
2. Right-click on the file you want, then Copy Link Location.
3. Go back to Edit mode.
4. Click on the link you want to change, then Edit / Advanced.
5. Paste the link you copied into the "Link" field. (I usually delete the "?api=2" at the end, but it probably doesn't matter.)
6. Save
Hmmm... do not see these steps working for me. With the updated link (i.e. added &api=v2, etc to file name) it still opens in preview mode when clicked. I see no difference in behavior (Confluence 6.13.1). Does this work for you?
Works perfectly for me, thank you!
Does Jira really expect me to take these steps for every attachment in our system? They must be joking.
What Jira fails to understand is that software, like Jira, is meant to make my life easier, not more difficult as Jira does.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.