A number of my colleagues are looking to use their spaces within Confluence to store and share files such as journal articles, links to videos and news stories on specific topics. This library of information will need to be sub-categorised into many levels and needs to be searchable (just within that page, not the whole of our confluence). This is NOT a database for interrogation, rather it will be a curated reference library for laypeople.
I understand that Confluence isn't specifically designed for this purpose but there is a real need for this type of Confluence functionality within our organisation.
I have tried the file list blueprint macro but it is unsuitable, it's too simplistic (you can't subdivide content into categories). A plugin is probably needed. Do you know of any suitable plugins on the Atlassian Marketplace?
Failing that, do you know of any reference management systems that don't require multiple logins, and could be accessed by e.g. private link? I would provide a link to whatever we use within our Confluence space.
I'm considering Confluence, Dropbox, Google Drive and Mendeley, but a system that doesn't require a login each time would be ideal.
Many thanks!