I tried to switch back to 4.14.2, but have the same effect.
I wiped the installation directory of 5.2.0 and installed new (adapting the set-*.sh scripts), but I still get those time-out errors.
A fatal error has occurred
The following problems occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:
- Required plugin com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.admin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-rest has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.bitbucket.server.bitbucket-git has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.ssh-plugin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin has failed to start
- Required plugin com.atlassian.support.stp has failed to start
Any Idea what I can do?
BTW: I tried Atlassian support, but since I am using a starter license, they deflected me to the community.
Update:
I deleted the database, the $BITBUCKET_HOME and $BITBUCKET_INSTALL directories (of course I made backups) and rexecuted the installer and I still get the same timeout errors and this fatal error. So I assume the problem is not a broken installation, but something alongside Bitbucket, the server itself or the network. But I don't know how to dig deeper.
Update 2: (2017-07-17)
What seems to help is to increase the plugin in $BITBUCKET__INSTALL/bin/_start-webapp.sh.
Following hints from similiar questions I added
JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300"
in the script and restarted. This time I was able to begin the installation wizard.
The remaining question is "Why is this powerful hardware (12 Cores, 32 GB RAM) in need of this high timeout?"