Hello,
I recently had to migrate the Bitbucket Server from the machine we are currently using to a brand new one. I have followed the documentation provided at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html.
The process was rather straight forward and I managed to go through all the steps:
- I chose to copy the previous instalation and not reinstall the software
- I had to user a database backup since the servers were not visible for each other
- I copied the BITBUCKET_HOME directory separately since it was (at another location)
- I updated the configure files for the new environment
Everything seemed to work well and I managed to pull the repository from the new location. While testing the new setup, I found out that I could not push changes to origin\master. Every time I try this I get the following error:
"remote: Rewriting history is not allowed for branch refs/heads/master.
remote: Check your branch permissions configuration with the project administrator."
Can anyone help with this issue? I've tried to google the issue, however I found nothing related to this error and a Bitbucket repository migration. I did read the other links, however they did not seem to apply.
Thank you for your time,
Dorin