I'm running the basic Confluence Install, but on a custom port for SSL (and on the same server as JIRA, but each has its own Tomcat and Java instance running). When I try to turn on Synchrony, it just says that it failed to start:
Synchrony problems are preventing people from saving their work
To protect your team's shared drafts, we recommend changing to limited mode while you troubleshoot the problem. Once Synchrony is running again you'll be ready to turn collaborative editing back on.
I have confirmed that port 8091 is open on the firewall, but not sure if that's necessary since Synchrony and Confluence are running on the same computer.
When I run the troubleshooter, the only line of text that seems applicable says:
SSL issues
Synchrony cannot accept direct HTTPS connections, so you will need to terminate SSL at your reverse proxy or load balancer, or at Tomcat if you are not using a reverse proxy.
What are the steps to do this? Is there a config file that I need to modify? Tomcat installed with Confluence and Synchrony, it's not a technology we use, so I can only follow instructions for this setup, not troubleshoot much beyond them on my own.
Thanks for any help,
Colin