I was recently reviewing a resume. The candidate listed Jira PM as one of the tools they've used in the past. Is there such a thing?
JIRA is sometimes referred to as a project management tool.
It does do a lot of that, and there's nothing wrong with your candidate saying they've done it.
I have tried to use Jira as a PM tool and it's really not meant for it. It becomes kind of cludgy. What I was trying to ask was is there a Jira add-on or any other Atlassian product that is meant for project management? If there is I'd like to find out more about it.
I think you're probably misunderstanding what it means to do "project management". JIRA really is for managing projects, but it's talking about one project, focussed on one thing. What most people think of as "project management" is lots of projects.
The Portfolio or BigPicture add-ons are the two I'd lean towards for that, but there's others well worth a look. It depends on what you mean by "project management" as to what you'll want to add!
I've been in the PM business for 35 years so I think I understand project management. This is for use by an enterprise who has 100s of projects that are currently managed in MS Project Server. Looking for a simpler and less expensive solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.