I am getting an Internal Server Error when I am trying to create a support request with Atlassian Support from within JIRA? What is causing this? My JIRA instance seems to be working just fine and I am not encountering any other issues with JIRA at the moment. I am including a screenshot. Please advise.
Don't know. What does your log file say?
Well, the answer is technically "go to where ever you keep the log file and open it with a text editor of your choice", but a better one (to save asking if you've done default installations, what you've set up and so on) is
1. Go to Jira -> Administration -> System information
2. Look through that page for the log file section, it will tell you exactly where it is on the server
3. Go on to the server and open that log file
There could be quite a lot of it, so you probably want to search for a time-stamp around the time you generated this error.
Hi Nic, where and how do I check my log file for errors?
Thank you Nick, I will check my log file for any errors on the server.
Let's try a silly question: are you using Crowd for authentication? Or do you use Jira for user management?
You should have several Jira logs available to you. Check the /logs directory in your Jira install directory. The catalina.out file will be the real money. Warning: the file may be large, especially if you haven't restarted Jira in a while. There are also several logfiles in $JIRA_HOME/log (Windows: %JIRA_HOME%\log).
Thank you Nick, I will keep searching for more errors. It cleared up on its own all of a suddent and I was able to send the support request to Atlassian. I dont think we use Crowd for authentication but JIRA Delegated Authentication for User Management. Thank you once again for your help and guidance.
This error might have happened due to a bug on Support Tools plugin which affects versions 2.10, 3.0 and 3.0.8 (STP-138)
The document below describes the issue in more detail:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+send+email+after+using+Support+Tools
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.