I'm about to upgrade from 4.4.3 to 5.2 Jira and migrate it to a new server. In short, our company was bought and we need to move Jira to their corporate infrastructure which I have little control over. Therefore I need to put together a fairly detailed plan to upgrade and migrate our server. I have several projects, each with its own custom workflow using groovy runner scripts for validators, etc. I have edited velocity email templates and have numerous custom fields. If I have read the Jira upgrade documentation correctly, before I import the data from my 4.4.3 server, I need to ensure the new 5.2 server has the
- same workflow and workflow schemes
(Action: export 4.4.3 workflow and import it into 5.2 hopefully?)
- velocity email templates
(Action: hopefully just copy the appropriates 4.4.3 files into 5.2?)
- as for the rest of the customizations (priorities, statuses custom fields, etc)
(Actions: these must be manually recreated -- this sucks big time!!!!)
The big question: Am I correct in my above assumptions, or is there a simplier way?
BTW, you can have all my karma points if you make my life much easier.