Hi all,
I have a request from the users: they want to observe a project status in a traffic light form for a few projects at once on a dashboard. Status should have a color and a desciption. Also a history of status' changes should be supported.
What is the best way to create such feature?
I have 2 ideas about it, but may be there is smth better:
1) Custom fields at project level. As I know Jira doesn't support custom fields at the project level. But there is an addon Profields which does. With its help I can create a custom field "Project Status" and assign it to my projects. Profield also supports changes history for these fields.
2) As another way I can create a new JIRA issue type "My Project Status" and keep one per every project. I can show a few statuses at once using standart issue filter. Jira stores issues changes history, so I will get what I need.