Hi
I've been battling this issue for some time now, but basically our Confluence instance will be stable and happy running for many months at a time with no changes to the JVM memory size and then suddenly I get a problem where the GC cannot recover enough memory. This makes Confluence inaccessible for all users as it doesn't respond.
From the GC logs I cannot see a trend in the memory usage that would warn me this is about to happen, it just suddenly stops being able to recover enough memory.
I have increased the maximum memory pool for the Confluence service so I'm now at 3840 MB, but as I increase this it obviously creates a bigger load on the server when it hits the limit again.
- How can I identify what is causing the sudden increase in memory use?
- How can I give myself more warning that I'm getting close to my memory limit?
Some example data below


