When a Transition is made from A to B, by User X and the new assignee will be Y. I want that only X can Edit the fields by not Y.
Out of the box the only way is to put the field ONLY on the transition screen where X will see it. I presume you are somehow restricting the transition to user X or just want the user executing the transition to edit the field. Out of the box, JIRA doesn't have field level permissions. The behaviours plugin may allow it.
Thanks for the response Joe.
Scenario:In the transition executed by X, there are field values which Y should not be able to edit though Y is the assignee. Also, X should be able to edit the fields even after the transition.
I don't see it happening without a plugnin. Removing field from the edit screen is not an option.
I suggest looking into th ebehaviours plugin.
What you're describing there is summarised as "field level security"
JIRA doesn't do that.
You could try the Behaviours module in ScriptRunner to do it, but it only covers the UI, so people can ignore it if they're using a mobile application or REST, or if they're really annoyed by it and willing to play with javascript settings in their browser
There is a field level security add-on by Quisapps which is well worth a look.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.