I want to use curly braces in some text on a page in confluence, but I can't work out how to stop it automatically creating a macro. I tried double curly braces which created a code block, and also tried backslash and forward slash.
Hi Mark,
You have two options
Here is a nice alternative to Stephen Deutsch's answer # 2:
You first enter whatever goes between the curly braces AND the right curly brace -- this causes no problems.Then, you insert the left curly brace, which does pop up the dialog -- but you can just ESC out of that.
Note that simply copying and pasting the entire text including both braces automatically inserts a Wiki markup block
This is absurd. "Preformatted" mode should take precedence and not trigger inserts. Confluence is so difficult to write code in. Atlassian, why do you hate us?
My solution is to add two brackets like {{ and }} and then remove the second one.
Have you tried the code block macro? Just add your code in there and nothing gets triggered.
If you can tolerate the macro while you type, just keep going. After putting the right brace and the macro is complete, hit undo (ctrl-Z) twice.
If you can't tolerate the macro, hit ESC. The macro will still come back to life with the right brace though, but undo (ctrl-z) twice will put it back to normal text.
This can be controlled by going into your settings (user icon in top right > settings) and under Your settings > Editor, select Disable Autoformatting.
This does prevent all rich text autoformatting rather than just curly braces.
Landed here looking for the same answer (I think).
When editing a post in Confluence (with markup) I had a requirement to add some documentation which included text similar to this: ${this.is.some.parameter}
When I saved the document, I got the "Unknown plugin" being displayed. To stop this I escaped the curly braces. $\{this.is.some.parameter\}This worked fine for me.
I realise this is an old question, but just incase anyone lands here looking for what I was, this might be for you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.