I am in charge of migrating our jira(6.2.3) to a new server behind an f5 proxy. This will be running as a service.
I am able to install jira 7.0, migrate the data, upgrade to 7.3.x with no issues. Once I request the server move(from our network team) to have it function through the proxy, localhost:8080 stops working. And I am not able to access it externally with our test link of JiraTest.Domain.com(junk domain) either.
I have attempted to update the "setenv.bat" section of "set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=" To be:
set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=
-Dhttp.proxyHost=192.161.113.119 -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -Dhttps.proxyHost=192.161.113.119 -Dhttps.proxyPort=8443 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost
rem --------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know the proxy is working as I have to use the IP for internet browser settings to work. The Jira app wont accept them however.
I am not a network guy myself and dont know much of proxies, but I am hoping someone here can help with getting the settings working correctly. And maybe teach me a few things in the process.
Currently, the error that I get when I access localhost:8080 is
There is a problem with your JIRA access.
Description Time Level Exception
| Unexpected exception during JIRA startup. This JIRA instance will not be able to recover. Please check the logs for details |
Error logs show:
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [webwork.action.ActionContext$1] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext$1@3b2c436e]) and a value of type [webwork.action.ActionContext] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext@997cbe6]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@36df2501]) and a value of type [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] (value [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler@1cbd01c5]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1f705a23]) and a value of type [com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache] (value [com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache@4331fde4]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [webwork.action.ActionContext$1] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext$1@3b2c436e]) and a value of type [webwork.action.ActionContext] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext@75c63f05]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@36df2501]) and a value of type [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] (value [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler@423902a0]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.451 INFO [Thread-5] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.stop Stopping ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
10-Jul-2017 09:06:05.453 WARNING [Thread-5] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.shutdownExecutor The executor associated with thread pool [http-nio-8080] has not fully shutdown. Some application threads may still be running.
***************************
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1f705a23]) and a value of type [com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache] (value [com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.SearcherCache@4331fde4]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [webwork.action.ActionContext$1] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext$1@3b2c436e]) and a value of type [webwork.action.ActionContext] (value [webwork.action.ActionContext@75c63f05]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
10-Jul-2017 09:06:00.446 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [ROOT] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@36df2501]) and a value of type [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler] (value [com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.ThreadLocalQueryProfiler@423902a0]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.