I'm getting this issue during the installation of JIRA Server in my local machine. As the import folder is not getting created during the installation it is giving this error. Please let me know if you need more information.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/atlassian-jira-software-7.4.0-standalone/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/atlassian-jira-software-7.4.0-standalone/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.copyStartupXmlIntoHome(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:95) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.importInitialData(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:52) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.importInitialData(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:48) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupDatabase.doDefault(SetupDatabase.java:141) [classes/:?] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_91] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_91] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [?:1.8.0_91] at webwork.util.InjectionUtils$DefaultInjectionImpl.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:70) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.util.InjectionUtils.invoke(InjectionUtils.java:56) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.action.ActionSupport.invokeCommand(ActionSupport.java:438) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:157) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.4.0.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:138) [classes/:?] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) [servlet-api.jar:?] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230) [catalina.jar:8.5.6] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91] Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/atlassian-jira-software-7.4.0-standalone/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86) [?:1.8.0_91] at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) [?:1.8.0_91] at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) [?:1.8.0_91] at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:434) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:216) [?:1.8.0_91] at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:3016) [?:1.8.0_91] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.copyStartupXmlIntoHome(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:92) [classes/:?] ... 254 more
It looks like your installation has not installed all the required files (or some have been removed after install)
Thanks...I will try reinstalling the jira again
@Vamshi Mylaram: Did it worked? I am also facing the same issue with my instance.
Installing it as per instructions usually fixes this issue (although it includes reading the "fine print" - check every detail!) I would guess that is what Vamshi did.
I am facing the exact issue with the exact error. I have confluence instance in my local. Does that effect any thing relates to JIRA??
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/mdondlap/JIRA/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/mdondlap/JIRA/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.copyStartupXmlIntoHome(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:95) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.importInitialData(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:52) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.importInitialData(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:48) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupDatabase.doDefault(SetupDatabase.java:141) [classes/:?] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_131] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_131] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcc............java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:1.8.0_131] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:1.8.0_131] at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) [tomcat-util.jar:8.5.6] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131] Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Users/mdondlap/JIRA/atlassian-jira/import/startupdatabase.xml at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:86) [?:1.8.0_131] at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102) [?:1.8.0_131] at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107) [?:1.8.0_131] at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:214) [?:1.8.0_131] at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:434) [?:1.8.0_131] at java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:216) [?:1.8.0_131] at java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:3016) [?:1.8.0_131] at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseInitialImporter.copyStartupXmlIntoHome(DatabaseInitialImporter.java:92) [classes/:?] ... 254 more
6 months back I was able to install successfully on WIndows. Mac seems to be the problem. For some reason JIRA is looking for import folder.
I found a workaround.
I created a sub-directory import under atlassian-jira
I copied startupdatabase.xml from atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes
to atlassian-jira/import/ directory.
Stopped and re-started the JIRA using ./startup.sh
Worked like a charm.
The cause of the problem remains the permissions on the files. It's a known problem when people don't follow the installation guide.
hmm.. I am facing the same now
I know of two ways to replicate it on a Mac.
1. Get the permissions wrong by running it as the wrong user, or by having the wrong permissions on the installation directory.
Best option is mentioned in the docs (the last time I followed them anyway). Install while logged in as an admin, but not start the service immediately. Quit the root account and swap to the account you're going to run it as, and start it with that.
2. Telling the installer to put the installation and home directories in the same place. e.g. /opt/jira for both, or /opt/jira and /opt/jira/install. I usually do something like /data/jirahome and /data/jirainstall - keep them separate.
I have the same problem here on Mac OS HighSierra (10.13.3) and Jira 7.7.1 - any new ideas or solutions?
What have you selected for your jira home directory?
/Applications/atlassian-jira-software-7.7.1-standalone
For the installation, I followed the tipps on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXLWq5mYYPQ
Same problem on Windows 8.1 with JIRA 7.10.1
Same problem on OS X Sierra with 7.10.1
did anyone solve this amazing that this error occurs for a just a basic installation
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.