We currently use a very detailed Excel document to collect information needed for new program implementations. To streamline what is now a very inefficient process, I'm curious whether JIRA's Issue Collector would allow the following:
- I'd like a link on our intranet that opens a form
- The form would collect the same information that appears on our current Excel document
- Some fields would be mandatory - preventing submission if not filled out
- I'd like the form to become an Issue in our Implementation workflow board
- It would be nice if ... as we move our JIRA card from one project stage to another - additional fields on the original form would become mandatory (To ensure all dependencies for the next stage were addressed)
Are there limitations to how detailed an Issue Collector form can be?
Can that form become the main issue JIRA card?
Consider a workflow with catagories of: Define, Configure, Build, Activate. Assuming the original form can become the JIRA project card, would it be possible to flag fields as mandatory based upon which project stage the card is being moved to? (i.e. I can't move the card from Configure to Build without filling out the form field that indicates whether the product will be print / web / or both.)
Is there another tool that integrates with JIRA that would work better?
Please let me know if you have suggestions, or need more information in order to offer suggestions ... and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.