Hi -
Is there a way to organize or manage filters in Jira rather than having a long list? The current list seems pretty unweildy for people that need manage work on different levels.
I agree it would be helpful if there were a way to organize your filters. I did a quick search and there is a request for it, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25386, but it is pretty old.
Hi Chuck,
While we're waiting for a programatic solution, how about using standard naming conventions to order your filters?
As a quick example:
PROJECT1: Bugs due this weekPROJECT1: StoriesPROJECT2: Whatever
This way they will at least be listed alphabetically on the "Manage Filters" page and in dashboard gadgets.
Also, I periodically ask users to cleanup or remove old filters. I especially ask any time I make a change to a custom field, status, issue type, or anything else a user queries for. There's no use in retaining a broken filter!
If you have JIRA Server, you can search the database for queries using specific values. Then I notify the needed users. The queries are stored in a table called "searchrequest." The JQL is stored in the "reqcontent" column.
Example: I removed a status called "approved".Use a MYSQL query like this to find users to notify:
select * from searchrequest where reqcontent like "%status = approved%"
Keep in mind differences in the ways users will write their JQL queries. You might need to look for multiple formats. Ex:
project = PROJECTKEYvsproject = "Long Project Name"
Thanks for the link, Mikael.
Have a nice day!
Rachel Wright
I think it would be a good start for me to clean out old filters, but I do use a standard naming convention. I just have so many things to track at different levels. There are some tricks in your post I will try. I do miss features that I had in some other tools.
Hi @Chuck Wood
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.