I am attempting to install 64 bit jira onto a 64 bit linux cloud server to which I only have ssh access.
The installation fails with the message "Could not display the GUI this application needs access to an X server. You can also run this in console mode without access to an x server by passing the argument -c"
I have done this. The error remains. The advice is that this only occurs when you attempt to install a 32bit Jira onto a 64 bit server.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-upgrade-or-install-fails-due-to-could-not-display-the-gui-error-376834034.html
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-33663
ARCH = x86_64.
bin file = atlassian-jira-software-7.4.0-x64.bin
64 bit system. 64 bit installer with the -c argument. result. Fail.
What do I need to do to make the installer respect the -c argument?
//small update.
issue as above on uname -a = Linux panda.zyma.com 2.6.32-604.30.3.lve1.3.63.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 27 06:34:10 EDT 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Issue not present on Amazon Web Services: Amazon Linux x86_64