Hi,
I've got Confluence working via https on Centos6 (following https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/running-confluence-over-ssl-or-https-161203.html) and it currently redirects http://<website> to https://<website>:8443 fine.
What I'd also like to do is forward https://<website> (i.e. not port specified but https specified) to https://<website>:8443. At the moment if you specify https without specifying a port it cannot display the page. I suspect a few users will expect to get to the website if this way.
Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,
usually https://<website> should listen on :443 so it should be sufficient to redirect incoming request on :443 or https://<website>:443 to https://<website>:8443 in your vhosts file. Hope that helps?
Cheers
Christoph
I`d strongly recommend proxying your Confluence with either Apahce or Nginx.
Here is Atlassians documentation on it.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/using-apache-with-virtual-hosts-and-mod_proxy-173685.html
I also like that you give your users a friendly (simple) URL. That will definitly make the applicaiton more used.
Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on
Christoph - I was thinking along those lines but I'm not sure where (or how) to do that. I'm still learning linux (somewhere between beginner and intermediate) and am definitely a beginner as far as Confluence goes.
Would this be done in the firewall (iptables) rules or in server.xml? Perhaps even somewhere different?
Lars - will look at that I think for the future but does it add another layer of complexity?
Tim - stupid question maybe but why don't you just change the port for Confluence to 443 (if using https, to 80 if not)? This should be possible in the server.xml. For the future I definitely recommend you to use Apache or ngninx as a proxy as Lars described as it is the usual setup..
yum groupinstall webserverchkconfig httpd on
Add the following to /etc/httpd/conf.d/wiki.example.com.conf
<VirtualHost *:80>ServerName wiki.example.comServerAlias wiki
ProxyPreserveHost OnRewriteEngine on# Redirect http traffic to httpsRewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://wiki.example.com/$1 [L,R]</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>ServerName wiki.example.com
ProxyPreserveHost OnProxyRequests Off
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/wiki.example.com-ssl_error_logTransferLog /var/log/httpd/wiki.example.com-ssl_access_logCustomLog /var/log/httpd/wiki.example.com-ssl_request_log ssl_combined
ErrorDocument 503 "<center><br><br><h1>We are down for some maintenance. Bla bla... </h1></center>"
ProxyPass /synchrony http://localhost:8091/synchrony<Location /synchrony>Require all grantedRewriteEngine onRewriteCond %{HTTP:UPGRADE} ^WebSocket$ [NC]RewriteCond %{HTTP:CONNECTION} Upgrade$ [NC]RewriteRule .* ws://localhost:8091%{REQUEST_URI} [P]</Location>
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8090/ retry=2 acquire=3000 timeout=120 Keepalive=OnProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8090/
SSLEngine onSSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3SSLHonorCipherOrder OnSSLCipherSuite "EECDH+ECDSA+AESGCM EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM EECDH+ECDSA+SHA384 EECDH+ECDSA+SHA256 EECDH+aRSA+SHA384 EECDH+aRSA+SHA256 EECDH+aRSA+RC4 EECDH EDH+aRSA RC4 !aNULL !eNULL !LOW !3DES !MD5 !EXP !PSK !SRP !DSS"SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/wildcard.example.com.crtSSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private//wildcard.example.com.keySSLCertificateChainFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/wildcard-CA.crt</VirtualHost>
Edit confluence server.xml if you are using SSL:
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"secure="true"scheme="https" ProxyPort="443" ProxyName="wiki.example.com" maxHttpHeaderSize="32768" />
-Lars
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.