Hello, is it possible (or planned) to do something on a link creation ?
For example: When I add a specific link type to an issue ("is caused by" supposed), then something happens/
Hi Denis,
This is a bit tricky since JIRA doesn't provide an 'Issue Linked' event that we can listen to (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-8505).
The same problem exists in Cloud. I think there were some webhooks added recently, but AFAIK they are not exposed yet through the atlassian connect add-on framework.
Cheers, Andreas
Understood. I found some workaround, but need help.
The main task to be acheived: Suppose, there's issue EX-1. And in EX-2 a create a link "is caused by" to EX-1. After that I'd like that some fields from EX-1 to be copied automatically to EX-2.
If we can't get event on linking, I can use other triggers (transition, update). But I can't find out how to copy values. Probably some construction has to be made in Advanced section (Edit Issue action)? Is it possible to make the task with the Add-on ?
it depends a bit on what type of field you're trying to copy (text, select, user select etc).
However you can use smart-values with the edit issue action to copy fields (see https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/wiki/display/AUTO4J/Smart+Fields for more details).
Bascially you'd add the target field to the edit-issue form (say it's a text field called 'Operating System' and then you'd fill this field with:
{{triggerIssue.fields.Operating System}}
This would substitute the value from the trigger issue into this field.
For select fields you need to append '.value' at the end. You can also print smart values using the 'Log action' in the audit log.
We're going to make field copying easier in future but for now you'll have to use smart values.
Andreas, thanks for help and attention.
Sorry, but I still can't get it, how to reffer to a link issue field . Could you give an example how to copy, let's say, Components field from EX-2 to EX-1. Assuming, that EX-1 is caused by EX-2 ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.