At my company we are working with JIRA and confluence. In the current setup there is a certain group that users get assigned to if they are granted access to confluence. The thing now is, that I cannot find the place where this special group has been set to be the default confluence user group. Also a couple of questions arise from this topic:
1. Do I have to have such a group per default?
2. Can I adjust the default group per user?
3. Where do I change the default group?
The second question is one that is directly coming from the problem I want to solve. I want to add a user to confluence which is only allowed to view everything and add comments, nothing else (no writing, no deleting). The default user group set for confluence users though, allows those users to add pages, blogs, comments - basically everything. How do I set this one users permissions and groups in a way to only have reading rights? Do I need to adjust the default user group permissions?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!!