There seem to be at least 3 ways to get breadcrumbs into the "header" DIV of the Main Layout file:
- $!sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.breadcrumbs")
- #parse ("/pages/page-breadcrumbs.vm")
- #breadcrumbs()
#1 is the default. It's nice. Not thrilling, but nice. Example:
Dashboard > Core Doc > Home > Plug-ins > Plug-In Application Framework
#2 does not work well. Example:
Dashboard > com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceActionSupport.action.name
I've seen a couple mentions of this issue out there, but admit I haven't understood what the problem is. Maybe something about the context.
#3 works well, and I have figured out that if I modify the confluence/breadcrumbs.vm file, then I can play with the output. Example:
Dashboard > Core Doc > Home > Plug-ins > Plug-In Application Framework
So, my questions, though, are:
1) What's the best way to do it? Obviously, #1 or #3 seem good.
2) Why does modifying the confluence/breadcrumbs.vm file NOT affect #1?
3) Why are there 11 different VM files with the name "breadcrumb" in them in various subdirectories of the confluence directory?
4) How to change the style? I want the breadcrumb text to be blue on a white background.
5) How to change the separator? I want to use a / instead of a >.
Thanks for any insight.
matt