Hey,
I was wondering if you guys experience the same.
If you look at the JIRA enterprise website http://www.atlassian.com/software/enterprise/overview.html
you'll find the following:
Data-portability: simple import and export eases migration and protects your investment
From my point of view importing from a test environment to a staging or production environment is pretty cumbersomer, having to manually re-create fields, schemes etc. before you have the ability of an XML import. Staging is crucial to larger companies!
Another problem is the lack of validation mechanisms. I mean the default "required" option might be enough for simple workflows but usually you have many dependancies and lots of validations that have to be performed in real-time. The only way to manage those (apart from using Javascript in field descriptions (which is really hard to maintain)) I've found so far are plugins like Jamie Echlin's behaviours plugin which might not be maintained due to the new inline edit mode.
Many companies have very strict workflow standards and without developing plugins or putting much effort in custom coding you're not able to meet those requirements.
If If I'm wrong, please correct me, but instead of putting effort in "like buttons", basic needs like validations, deployment mechanisms for staging servers or field level security should be addressed when speaking of "enterprise".
I don't want to bad-mouth JIRA since I really like the software and couldn't imagine working without it, I just wanted to know (maybe from Atlassian) if anything is about to be done to address the problems mentioned above.
Cheers Christian