This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Panel Macro
I'm working on templates for my team. Is there a way to associate panels to a table of contents? Either with headers or something I haven't thought of?
Thanks for the advice!
Can you maybe provide an example of what you'd like for the desired output, and an explanation of how you'd like it to work in the editor?
Hi Jacob,
Are you looking for a way to get the panel macro's "title" to show up in a table of contents for a page?
If so, it's not possible as far as I know, but there is a feature suggestion here which you could vote on:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37130
Possible options which might get close to what you want are:
See also: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12269217
Here's a kludgy option. Add a div within a panel and turn it into the title:
image2016-12-16 17:57:25.png
Making the text in the Div macro a heading style will get it listed in the TOC:
image2016-12-16 17:39:50.png
Here is the CSS I have in the Style field of the Div Macro:
background: pink; position: relative; left: -10px; top: -10px; padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; width: 110%;
This solution worked pretty well for me. Thank you for the great example!
The workaround I had been using was to put a heading level 6 just above the panel, and turn it white to become invisible. The small text doesn't create too big of a visual gap between panels.
Then I set the TOC to only display heading 6.
Works for me too. Many thanks Milo.
Hi @Sam Hall
I have the same issue here and I am trying to apply your first option (Put headings inside the panel content, so that they are picked up by the table of contents macro.). But my problem is how to apply it in automatic way. I mean, I have more than 2000 pages with this issue and I would like to modify them in one shot instead one by one.
Thank you in advance.
Dario
Hi @Milo Test
How to apply this solution in automatic way? I would like to change more than 2000 pages with this issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.