When a user updates the default value for my custom field I need to perform additional actions on previous instances of my custom field. To do this properly though, I need to know what the context is for my custom field so that when I search for previous instances to update, I only update custom fields with the same context.
Can someone point me to the code I need to use? Thanks.
--------------------------------
For some reason I'm unable to provide the following as an answer, so I'm going to just update this description with what I was able to figure out.
I was actually able to figure this out so I'm documenting it here in case someone else needs the same information.
In my the setDefaultValue method of my custom type I had to get the FieldConfigSchemeManager and pass it the FieldConfig. From the object I received I was then able to get the Contexts which gave me the Projects from which I was finally able to get the Issues that needed to be updated.