I am a single user teaching myself Jiraed myself as the Jira Admin. Where in Jira can I add users to the dabase then assign task? Or, can I?
Thxs
You should add users in the "admin -> users" section, put them in the right groups, then you'll be able to assign issues to them.
Thanks Nic!
I have another Q you may know the answer to? I notice when you create a task, where there are sub task involved, a team member is unable to estimate the sub-task only the task itself? I presume you have to facture in the sub-task hours or points when estimating the task?
Do you mind if I continue asking future Q's? I'm teaching myself the product and becoming more confident but, will certainly have more questions? Thank you Nic! Larry.
Sub-task estimates can be done, you just need to add the "time tracking" field to their screens. Or the points field.
Two things to be aware of if you do this though.
1. Plain JIRA will add them up and display them on the parent issue, but they remain independent estimates. Let's say you have four issues, a parent logged with a 1 hour estimate, and three children at 2, 3 and 4. On the children, you'll only see their estimates. On the parent, you'll see a panel with "10" in it, and a tick box which toggles it to "1". The estimate on the parent issue is separate, this panel really is just a display. Changes to sub-task estimate will be shown by the panel, but do not change the estimate on the parent
2. JIRA Software does not support it. Estimates on sub-tasks are effectively ignored.>Do you mind if I continue asking future Q's?
That's what the community is here for, to share, and help each other out. I would ask that you raise them as new questions though (after trying to search here for an answer). People generally opt to get told about new questions, but not follow-ups unless they get involved. Looking at this thread, anyone following the JIRA tag, or the forum in general would have notified, but only people who deliberately clicked "watch" and me (because I answered) would see your new question.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.