I'm using JIRA version 7.2.7, configed with progreSQL.
everything went well until I invite other users.
admin user is A@mycompany.com, outgoing email is jira@mycompany.com which is not a user of our jira system.
I logged in with A@mycompany.com, then goto outgoing setting page, "Send a Test Email" to myself, it succeeded, and I can receive that email.
but when I went to "User management", click "Invite users", filled in another email address, click "Invite users". Then the mail will never sent successfully.
and the log said:
````
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 501 mail from address must be same as authorization user
;
nested exception is:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSenderFailedException: 501 mail from address must be same as authorization user
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:2267)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:1257)
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendMimeMessage(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:245)
at com.atlassian.mail.server.managers.EventAwareSMTPMailServer.sendMimeMessage(EventAwareSMTPMailServer.java:25)
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendWithMessageId(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:187)
... 26 more
````
Then I created another user which is "jira@mycompany.com" and logged in with it, and then invite user again, the email got sent.
and: we have an old version of jira 6.3.x, which has the same configuration but inviting users works perfectly.
----
Any way to fix the problem? why can't we invite users with user logged in other than "jira@mycompany.com"?
Thanks very much