I'm attempting to make a script that will automatically comment and close tasks or subtasks based on command line arguments.
While attempting to do so, I've run into a couple issue. I'm able to submit comments with this sort of format:
Here's the json:
{
"update": {
"comment": [
{
"add": {
"body": "this is a test"
}
}
]
},
"transition": {
"id": "1" }
}
Here's the curl call:
curl -D- -u "${user}":"${pass}" -X PUT --data @$jfile -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://jira.example/rest/api/2/issue/${issueKey}"
It will submit a comment successfully, but will not transition the status.
I've also tried modifying the json to include a resolution field, like so:
{
"update": {
"comment": [
{
"add": {
"body": "this is a test "
}
}
]
},
"transition": {
"id": "6" }, "fields" : { "Resolution" : { "name": "Done" }}
}
I've attempted to push this using this:
curl -D- -u "${user}":"${pass}" -X POST --data @$jfile -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://jira.example/rest/api/2/issue/${issueKey}/transitions"
This gives me the result:
{"errorMessages":["Internal server error"],"errors":{}}
Any ideas how I can do this properly? I've read through several articles and posts here as well without luck so far.