Hello,
Is it possible to receive notification emails for the jira issues created by specific mail server? Right now only the assignee receives the initial email stating that he has gotten a new issue. Can other people receive the same type of email about the issues opened by specific mail server?
Thank you.
Elif
I've never needed to so I don't know where the logs are, but I would check the log to make sure the event is actually firing. Double check you actually published the new workflow after you edited it.
Out of the box JIRA notifications are controlled by the notification scheme. It notifications to whatever roles/groups are set to receive them based on the event. It doesn't restrict them to only emails from one server. If that is happening you have a plugin or code modification and will have to investigate that.
No, that is not happenening to us. I just received a request asking that four ujira users want to receive notification emails every time a task issue type ticket created for Project X. I am trying to figure out how to make this request work. Any idea?
Do the following:
Create a role with a name like 'Create Task'. Create a new Event named Creat TaskIn the workflow for tasks replace the normal create event with the Create Task eventIn the notification scheme put the normal roles AND the Create Task roles in the Create Task eventAdd the users to the Create Task role in the project
Thank you. I will try this solution.
did you create the new event and put it in the post function for the create transition?
Joe,
I created the event called " create release readiness " and i pu it in the post fuctions for Transition: Creat Issue. Please see the screan shot below for details.
It does not send any notification emails when there is " release readiness " issue type created.
Thanks for your help.
Do they have at least browse permission to the project? That's all I can think would stop it.
Yes, they do. They are all member of jira developers group.
I checked the workflow several times and it is published. I will delete and try from the beginning to see if I am missing anything. Thanks got your time.
It is working now! Thank you for your help and understaning.
Hi @Elif Alverson,
> I just received a request asking that four ujira users want to receive notification emails every time a task issue type ticket created for Project X.
For this specific request you can try our add-on Raley Emails Notifications
To limit notifications only to issues created by specific email server, you need to add a JQL condition in notification that checks against a specific reporter.
I guess, the configuration should be trivial but let me know if you need any help.
Best,
Vladimir
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.