I am migrating content from Madcap flare to Wiki Confluence. One of the greatest contraints are the image maps.
How do I use the HTML macros (HTML Image Macro) to add image maps. I have the HTML macros enabled.
Yes, you can display an image map using HTML inside an HTML macro. If you don't have the HTML, you can generate it with a tool like: Easy Imagemap Generator.
Hi Ann, could you please tell me how to use the HTML Image Macro. Some how it isn't working for me.
I am sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were adding the image map in a Confluence "out of the box" HTML macro. I found the documentation for an HTML Image macro, made by Adaptavist as part of the add-on, Content Formatting for Confluence.
Here is the documentation for the macro: HTML Image
Please let me know where you are running into trouble when you use the macro.
Hi Ann, thank you for the information. It was very useful.
Using the HTML Image macro, I was able to add images that are on the web.
Is there some way that I can create a image map for an image that I create or that which is saved on my system?
(The previous answer to this question disappeared so I am updating my response.)
This method worked really well for me:
<map name="#myflowchart"><area shape="rect" coords="568, 22, 668, 103" href="http://www.URL.com" title="System" alt="System"/><area shape="rect" coords="367, 125, 467, 206" href="http://www.URL.com" title="Framework" alt="Framework"/><area shape="rect" coords="362, 235, 470, 314" href="http://www.URL.com" title="Tool1" alt="Tool1"/><area shape="rect" coords="367, 359, 467, 441" href="http://www.URL.com" title="Interface" alt="Interface"/><area shape="rect" coords="164, 626, 264, 706" href="http://www.URL.com" title="Tool2)" alt="Tool2"/></map>
I hope these steps help someone else. Some other pages that helped me:
How to Make an Image Map » - HTML.com
Gimp image map tutorial (2002) or How to Make an Image Map Using GIMP: 7 Steps
https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/HTML+Image
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.