It looks like annoted tags created in the web-UI gets converted to lightweight tags during fork sync. Everything is fine in the main repo, but forks have only lightweight versions of the tags.
I have created some annotated tags on our main repo using the web-ui.
We all have forks of the main repo, but when the tags propagate through fork-sync the tags end up as lightweight tags in our clones.
To investigate, I have tried:
- If I create a new fork of the main repo and clone it, I get all the tags correctly.
- If I create a fresh clone of a forked repo (that has been forked since the beginning) the tags are lightweight tags.
- A user that joined the project a while ago has the earlier tags as annotated tags and the newer ones as lightweight tags
- Another group here create annotated tags locally in Git and push them directly to their main repo - those tags propagate correctly.
All 4 observations supports the theory that fork sync is the culprit, and the problem exists only for tags created in the web-gui!
It looks like a bug.
We are running BB server v4.8.2
Cheers,
Anders