How do I make it so when I reference someone in a comment via @soandso, their name will automatically be populated, so I can select and they will receive an email notification?
Hey,
By default, when a user mention someone in a comment via the alais '@', all possible name will start to appear as you type so that you can choose the intended user. May I know whether you are having a problem when you try to mention someone in the comment? If yes, can you try to mention using '[~' and check if there will be any names appearing?
Cheers,
Interesting, neither @ nor ~ worked. I only have two users, and when I start typing their name nothing comes up.
That's odd... Is there any pattern for the problem here? For example, does it only occur in specific projects? Or in all projects? Does it occur in specific browser or all browsers?
All projects. When I try @john.doe or even @john, nothing.
Hi there
I had this problem before and the issue was that I didn't have the "Browse Users" Global Permission turned on. SEe how to do this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.