The code in that tutorial is mostly valid, but is out of date, it sort of stopped working with version 6. You have to change the pom.xml and other bits to update it to make it with later versions of JIRA
That's what I figured, but I couldn't find any up-to-date guides. Do you know of any? If not, what would I need to change from that tutorial?
It's been a while since I tried it. I remember the way to go was to use the current SDK to create the plugin skeleton, and then only use the java code in it. The rest I had to work out for myself.
So once I've created a skeleton plugin, what can I change to modify my gadget? Should I just leave everything and only touch the JS file?
Any update on this problem? I am running into the same while trying to follow the gadget tutorial.
Not sure whether you stumbled across the same issue which I ran into, but my mistake was that I took the <Atlassina-Plugin-Key> entry from the Spring Scanner readme without adjusting it accordingly (the entry under build.plugins.plugin.configuration.instructions). It obviously should state:
<Atlassian-Plugin-Key>${atlassian.plugin.key}</Atlassian-Plugin-Key>
(the example has the entry set to: <Atlassian-Plugin-Key>com.atlassian.plugin.your.plugin.key</Atlassian-Plugin-Key> which obviously must be tweaked for the project)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.