Moving from Version One to JIRA, and struggling with workflows and status.
NOTE: I may be using workflows and status wrong in the context of JIRA, so bare with me.
I'm trying to keep my boards and workflows simple, with a minimal number of kanban "columns".
Our workflow currently is, we do 2-week sprints, and every 2 sprints (4 weeks), a release. A release goes out to UAT, where customer testing happens, before moving on to production.
Looking for suggestions on how to handle this.
I have Proj1 with columns of: Backlog, In Progress, QA, Done. This handles the workflow for the Sprint.
Option 01: I add more columns to this workflow to handle the events after Sprint.
Option 02: I create a second project, DEPLOY, that would track moving from DEV (Backlog), into UAT, then into PROD.
Is there a better option, than either of these and if not, which would be the preferred method?
Thanks,
John