I am using the roadmap and I want to have a print of the roadmap. When printing or exporting to PDF I get a blank page.
Do I miss something? is there a work around?
@Olivier Marchesini an @AnnWorley
To solve (in my case), I use this step sequence.
Cheers.
Olivier, the contents of the Roadmap macro exported to PDF successfully on my test instance. Please let me know on what version of Confluence you are experiencing the issue.
Ann,
I am on 6.1.1 server
@AnnWorley, how are you ? I hope fine.
I think that the case is the size of the roadmap.
In my case, my roadmap have uses many "scroll pages" in vertical and horizontal views.
So, the export is entirely broken (and loose content) due the wrong span over the several exported pages :-(
Thanks for sharing your workaround!
@olivier Marchesini please click the check mark next to the workaround as "Accepted" if it works for your case.
An other solution:
Scrollit PDF works fine (makes big roadmaps very small but is acceptable)
It does work. thanks for sharing.
Hello, It looks still not working even export to word first.
Please support.
Thanks.
My solution was:
Screen capture your roadmap (can use light shot, snipping tool, etc), then paste the roadmap as an image into the document. then convert to PDF, you can have the roadmap inside
This isn't working for me. When I export it to Word, it shows a title and the word 'table' but the rest of the page is blank. Any suggestions?
Hi,
If anyone is still struggling with this in 2023, here is my 10 second workaround that does not involve copy+pasting between multiple programs (works in Chrome):
Very important: Without "Background Graphics" checked, the bars for your epics will not display on the PDF.
It also seems to help if you scroll down on your Confluence page to where the Roadmap is displayed before printing. This way the graphic is loaded and captured by your print.
Good luck!
Kyle Z.
Thanks, your solution led me to a better solution... customizing the PDF papersize and customizing the "scale" so that the whole big roadmap is printed. (Actually scrolled and printed)!
That won't work if the roadmap is long and needs scrolling
Follow what @Kyle Zapalac says above (or below) and customize your paper size and "scale", specially if your roadmap is big. it will automatically scroll (or zoom out) and take a whole snapshot of the roadmap.
Good tip!
I also usually apply a filter before I embed a roadmap in confluence pages to avoid this issue.
If anyone doesn't know, you can apply filters on your roadmap page and then when you are copying the URL it will carry over the same filters when you paste/embed it in confluence.
I realize this might not be an option for everyone depending on how your work is divided, but I think it is good to mention.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.