I am having some issue configuring the Nginx Proxy to work with Confluence. I have Confluence configured and serving on localhost:8090 which I am using Nginx proxy configuration from the official documentation. I did not set a "/confluence" context path as I prefer to keep it at the root level. However, as soon as I started Nginx after Confluence is running, there are large amount of stack traces thrown with similar detail as below.
Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getLocale' in class com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceActionSupport threw exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set at /decorators/includes/header.vm[line 58, column 41]
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:223)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)
at org.apache.velocity.context.ProxyVMContext.get(ProxyVMContext.java:222)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.getVariableValue(ASTReference.java:843)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:222)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:342)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTStringLiteral.value(ASTStringLiteral.java:290)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:71)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTSetDirective.render(ASTSetDirective.java:142)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.VelocimacroProxy.render(VelocimacroProxy.java:212)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.RuntimeMacro.render(RuntimeMacro.java:247)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.TrimDirective.render(TrimDirective.java:33)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:263)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.ProfilingParseDirective.render(ProfilingParseDirective.java:21)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.java:175)
at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)
at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:235)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.VelocityUtils.renderTemplateWithoutSwallowingErrors(VelocityUtils.java:68)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.velocity.VelocityUtils.renderTemplateWithoutSwallowingErrors(VelocityUtils.java:76)
at com.atlassian.confluence.util.profiling.ConfluenceSitemeshDecorator$StreamingResponseWritingStrategy.renderToResponse(ConfluenceSitemeshDecorator.java:291)
... 58 more
How can I make this work properly?