Hi! I've a problem with changejira project's workflow via REST API.
I have a jira version 6.3.8
I tried to use this manual - https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/6.3.8/
Maybe there is some hidden not documented API?
How can i do this?
Thanks.
Hi,
I've never heard of a REST API to change a project's workflow scheme.
Why do you want to do that?
Hi!
We often creating JIRA projects (for customers) and always change default WF to our custom WF scheme. So.. I just want to automate it.
Using REST APIs the best you can do it to change the status of an issue i.e. do a workflow transition for a issue, but you can't change jira project's workflow to another workflow this isn't possible using REST API.
Programmatically this can be done - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/how-to-programatically-change-a-project-s-workflow-in-Jira/qaq-p/474694
Why don't you create a template-project and then create the new project with shared configuration?
Changing a workflow requires JIRA to do a whole swathe of integrity checks that can often lead to a load of questions needing to go back to the user.
A REST interface for that would be hideously complex and barely ever used, so Atlassian have not written one.
The answer for your usage really is what Thomas said - use a shared configuration.
Link fails. Do you have an example you can show me or even another link that isn't dead that I could look at? I have had little success in finding non-prohibitively complex solutions to this problem.
To look a little closer at that question/searching around, this looks like it is an answer for if you have access to the Java API. In my case, this will not work because I don't. I'll need to do something if possible via the REST API.
I guess I could try to make a plugin that can do that, but I'm hoping to not have to go that deep just for this situation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.