When will Bitbucket support Microsoft's Git Virtual File System (GVFS)? I have read that SourceTree for Windows 2.0 has already added support for GVFS. Any ETA for getting this support in Bitbucket?
For more information about GVFS, see these articles:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudioalm/2017/02/03/announcing-gvfs-git-virtual-file-system/
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/05/90-of-windows-devs-now-using-git-creating-1760-windows-builds-per-day/
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudioalm/2017/05/30/optimizing-git-beyond-gvfs/
Hi Dave! AFAIK, there are no plans to support GVFS in Bitbucket in the near future. If you'd like to have this option available, you can submit a Feature request at our public issue tracker by clicking on the Create issue button.
Regards,
Ana
Just FYI -- I've opened a support ticket for this and have created a Feature Request as well.
Post the ticket so we can all vote on it?
Or is this a private ticket? I WANT THIS!
Sorry, it's a private ticket. I should have created a public one.
Bitbucket Server, our behind-the-firewall version, now has a GVFS add-on available which adds support for it. Including GVFS support in the shipped product (rather than separately) is tracked on BSERV-9847.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.