I am trying to install bitbucket in our company ystem, but facing issue when I select external database (which is oracle exadata in our case).
If I use ADMIN credential it works fine. But, in real time scenario, we can not use ADMIN account, this is prohibited in our environment. So I created a normal user and followed instruction as mentioned in Atlassian documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-oracle-776640379.html), but I found error.
2017-06-12 10:09:00,539 WARN [http-nio-9090-exec-7] @2JMMOQx608x17x0 12soj9v 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 "POST /setup HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.db.DefaultDatabaseManager An unexpected exception prevented validating the target database
com.atlassian.stash.internal.backup.liquibase.LiquibaseDataAccessException: Failed to obtain snapshot. Database type: oracle; nested exception is liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
I also figured that if I give admin access to the normal user it works fine. But we need to know the DB objects specifically those need admin priviledge to access, so that we can grant only those objects, not the entire database.