I would like to have some text (default value) for the Descriptoin field. How to do this?
People tend to do this with some injected javascript or (better) add-ons that inject simpilar code into a create screen. It's not that hard to do "if create screen, then set description = <default text>"
However, every place I've been to that has done it, I've ended up removing it, because they have thousands of pointless or useless issues they have to kill off manually or chase up with <default text> in the description field.
Question why you want to do this, it's usually a waste of time just doing "default description", and often better to have dedicated fields instead, set mandatory. (For example, on stories, instead of injecting "as a ..., I want to..., so that..." in the description, have the who what and why as three separate mandatory fields)
We are using hosted Jira, so not sure can we do this.
We want to have some default text in Edit and Text fields as a user tip what to insert (contextual help like content).
Good point, on Cloud, there's nothing available to do this that I know of.
I agree with Nic, it may initially sound like a good idea, but in the long run it isn't
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.