Hi folks,
I’ve run an upgrade of Confluence from 5.5.2 to 6.2. After this upgrade, Confluence attempts to restart, but the log shows that Tomcat is failing to start due to a severe error, below. From the internet searches I’ve done up to now, it appears the message is referring to a <filter> tag in web.xml. It also suggests that more info can be found by looking at the appropriate log file. I don’t know what log file this message is referring to, and I have looked at all the logs in the \Atlassian\Confluence\logs folder.
So, I’m thinking the message is telling me that there might be a way to get a more verbose message that will at least tell me what <filter> is the problem, and I can go from there. It’s either that, or back out of the upgrade and try again, but I get a feeling I’m going to have the same web.xml problem.
Can anyone suggest how to get more info about this error?
Your help is very much appreciated.
Chris
…
08-Jun-2017 09:29:33.657 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerMapping.register Mapped "{[/reload],methods=[PUT]}" onto public org.springframework.http.ResponseEntity com.atlassian.synchrony.proxy.web.SynchronyProxyRestController.reloadConfiguration(com.atlassian.synchrony.proxy.web.SynchronyProxyConfigPayload)
08-Jun-2017 09:29:33.657 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrlHandlerMapping.registerHandler Mapped URL path [/**] onto handler of type [class org.springframework.web.servlet.resource.DefaultServletHttpRequestHandler]
08-Jun-2017 09:29:33.720 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.start Starting beans in phase 2147483647
08-Jun-2017 09:29:33.767 INFO [localhost-startStop-2] org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.initServletBean FrameworkServlet 'dispatcher': initialization completed in 2079 ms
08-Jun-2017 09:33:12.539 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
08-Jun-2017 09:33:12.539 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
08-Jun-2017 09:33:31.320 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesJdbc The web application [ROOT] registered the JDBC driver [org.h2.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
08-Jun-2017 09:33:31.320 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesJdbc The web application [ROOT] registered the JDBC driver [net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
08-Jun-2017 09:33:31.320 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesJdbc The web application [ROOT] registered the JDBC driver [com.github.gquintana.metrics.sql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
08-Jun-2017 09:33:31.320 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesJdbc The web application [ROOT] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
…